Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Most web agencies, software development companies, or advertising agencies are often just an intermediary, and an expensive one at that — sitting between their client and the software developers, designers, and project managers who actually perform the tasks offshore.
Judge for yourself if this is ideal:
- When a project is passed from an agency / software house to an Eastern European or Asian software developer, the risk of misunderstanding increases.
- Things take much longer. First, the client contacts the local agency with a new task or correction, then the agency contacts their supplier, and so it continues that way back and forth.
- There is often clutter in the communication because the agency doesn’t want the client to have direct access to the developers.
- It’s difficult to get a clear answer to technical questions because the agency's contact person often needs to confirm the answer first with the person who performs the task. It takes time.
- The agency / software house buys the development hours for a very low rate then sells them to the client for a much higher price, often without any significant additional advantage aside from having the contact with a skilled developer somewhere in the world.
- The agency / software house often uses freelancers so the client cannot know for sure who has access to their systems, which will lead to some data privacy concerns.
- The client does not form a relationship with those who do their projects. It goes without saying that if there is no personal relationship, then the client is "just a client" and the same affection is not put into the project.
Outsourcing IT projects - why 1902 Software is the top choice for software solutions
At 1902 Software, we do it completely different. For more than 20 years, we have developed a model—based on experience—for software development and support that work well because it is fair and balanced.
We play with open cards and distinguish ourselves from many in the industry by not binding our clients hand and foot.
With us, there are no complicated contracts, no bindings, and no minimum purchases—getting software development done has never been this easier.
- We only do software development. We do not have various dot.com projects, webshops, etc. running on the sidelines that take away our focus from our client's projects. We are 100% focused on doing what we are good at.
- With us, there’s no monthly retainer, minimum purchase, or any similar setup that binds clients hand and foot. Clients pay only when we work for them and there are no minimum purchases.
- At 1902, the source code is always handed out when the project is completed so that clients can freely change their supplier as desired. Again, you don’t get bound hand and foot.
- Our prices are approximately 50% of other similar companies, and we are often more efficient.
- If an emergency occurs or the client presses a button that should not have been pressed, then we also support outside working hours.
- Subsequent support: When the project is finished, the support is handled by the same project manager who managed the initial development. With us, you are not passed on to a "B-team" who has not been part of the project and therefore will not be able to provide proper support.
- All our employees are permanent employees; we do not use freelancers. First, it is difficult to keep hold of a freelancer—when a project is 80% complete, the freelancer will often move on to the next project, and second, it is both expensive and complicated to have to train a freelancer to follow our development standards each time we start a new three-month project. Last but not the least, freelancers often have other clients who have to be looked after, so it can take a long time to get even small tasks done.
- When we hire new employees, they go through a 2-4-month structured training course before they start working on client projects. In this way, we are 100% sure that what they develop meets our high standards.
- We have continuous training and further education. Everyone can take a certification course or workshop where everything is paid for by the company. In addition, we hold a number of internal seminars every month where we share new knowledge and trends with our employees. These seminars are typically held by an expert in the field.
- We do not rent out software developers! For larger projects, it is normal for companies to hire a "team" consisting of developers, designers, project managers, and testers. We don't offer this because, in our opinion, this model is no longer up-to-date. The big problem with this model is that you are forced to use the developers who are part of the team, regardless of whether they are suitable for the task in question or not. With us, it’s the project manager who handpicks the developers, designers, and testers who will work on the project. With this model, the project manager can choose the people who are best suited for the project, as opposed to being forced to use a fixed team that may not necessarily have the right skills. The project manager can also involve a specialist in the project for a short period if necessary.
- We have been around for more than 20 years and have extensive experience in developing and solving problems. Our Google rating and client reviews supports this.
Are you curious yet?