“Fighting Bullying With Technology” is a scholarship program geared towards providing financial support for students who:
- Have been victims of bullying
- Have been active in the fight against bullying
- Are striving to make their schools and communities safer, more tolerant, and accepting of diversity using technology.
- The scholarship program is open to all college students internationally and runs twice a year (as of November 15, 2022, the deadline for the 1st batch of applications is closed).
- The award is based on merit and includes a scholarship grant of $1,000 that must be used towards the winner's education expenses, either directly awarded to the winner or to the university where they are currently enrolled in, at the discretion of 1902 Software Development Corporation.
- 1902 Software Development Corporation reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time, provided that prior scholars have been awarded their grant.
- Write an essay (minimum of 1,500 and maximum of 3,000 words) that details your personal experience with bullying and how you have overcome it, or the initiatives that you have done to help stop and campaign against it in your school or community. Furthermore, describe how technology can help prevent or stop bullying.
- Download and fill out the application form. This form is to be submitted along with your essay to [email protected].
- We will be choosing a winning entry twice a year following this schedule:
|November 15, 2022||November 30, 2022||December 15, 2022 (1st batch of applications has officially ended)|
|July 15, 2023||July 31, 2023||August 15, 2023|
1902 Software will review the applications based on merit, and the grant will be awarded to the student with a profound insight on the topic of bullying and an innovative idea and practical application on how to campaign against it. The recipient of the scholarship will be contacted directly on the dates indicated above, and the final decision cannot be contested.
Employees of 1902 Software and their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are not eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
If you're from Denmark, check out the Danish version of this page.