Our work environment
Looking for the perfect fit
Over the years, we've learned that some individuals work well in our environment and fit perfectly with our organizational culture—while others do not. Being foreign-managed and catering to multi-cultural market, our work culture is characterized by discipline and organization. Here's how it’s like working at 1902 Software:
- We take our tasks seriously.
- We are disciplined and organized.
- We are very particular with meeting our deadlines.
- We observe punctuality and are strict with attendance.
- We communicate in a highly direct and straightforward manner.
- We practice open communication. We encourage healthy assertiveness among our colleagues. Our developers discuss their ideas with managers, without thinking of positions, but of what’s good for the project.
- We don’t take work-related discussions personally.
- We all make mistakes. We’re all human and, thus, deserve a second chance.
- We address each other on a first-name basis and we don’t use titles like sir, mister, and ma’am.
- We wear casual clothes to work.
- We know how to have fun. We regularly do office activities to get the laughter rolling, such as outings, team building, party, programs, and fun office challenges. Our parties are notoriously fun-filled.
- We make sure we help our colleagues when they’re in need. It’s not our mindset to leave our teammates stranded.
- We strive as a group while recognizing individual performance. We give credit to whom the credit is due. We regularly vote for Team Players and we randomly give a Carrot Award to good performers.
- Seniority and age do not always translate into high quality outputs. Everybody has an equal chance for promotion. There is no favoritism regardless of sex, race, or personal beliefs.