What is .NET?
.NET is a free and open-source developer platform created by Microsoft. It’s composed of different technologies for building custom solutions like ASP.NET (for web apps and services that can run on Windows, Mac, and Linux) and .NET MAUI (Xamarin) (for cross-platform development of mobile apps), as well as for developing custom machine learning models, games, IoT, and more.
With .NET, developers can reuse code across different platforms and have access to extensive libraries, common APIs, and other resources from Microsoft and the .NET open source community. This helps developers build systems faster and with less cost.
Our .NET services
We build custom software solutions for your business.
Whether you need a specialized system for your internal processes, a web application that needs further development with more features, or an existing system that needs to be integrated with your other company systems, we can build it for you.
We use the following technologies for .NET development:
- ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
- SQL - MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Azure
- Visual Studio
- Azure App Services
- .NET MAUI (Xamarin)
We develop the following:
- Custom applications that run on any platform: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Web applications using ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Integrations with different platforms
We also have an in-house software testing team that ensures the quality of every system we develop, as well as a design team to create graphics and design user-facing systems.
Who uses .NET
- Companies of all sizes who want to build a custom software or application based on their unique requirements
- Organizations that need add-ins or integrations to other Microsoft tools such as Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the like.
- Often (but not always), bigger companies who have their entire infrastructure already built on .NET
- .NET is backed by Microsoft, which means it’s continuously maintained and supported by a stable organization. Because it’s open source, there’s also a large community of developers behind it.
- It’s a mature technology. The first version of the .NET framework was first released in 2002, and since then it has constantly been expanding and improving.
- .NET offers extensive libraries (both free and commercial) that help developers build apps and systems fast. Think of them as collections of source codes for common functionalities that can be reused across different types of apps and systems.
- .NET Core (.NET’s newest version that supports multiple operating systems: Windows, Mac and Linux) is known for being one of the fastest platforms today.
- Microsoft maintains the security of .NET and releases updates when threats are discovered to the platform.