There are many inventory management solutions in the market that cater to every industry. Here’s a selection of solutions according to the type of IMS that you want to implement.
Inventory management plugins
- Magento has a built-in Multi-source Inventory for its version 2.3, which enables you to manage inventory from multiple store locations within the Magento admin.
- Shopify also has an inventory management platform included in their system. https://www.shopify.com.ph/inventory-management
- WooCommerce’s inventory management - https://woocommerce.com/features/
- uCommerce - https://docs.ucommerce.net/ucommerce/v8.0/getting-started/catalog-foundation/inventory.html
Aside from these built-in website plugins, there are many third-party plugins created by developers that offer inventory management capabilities within your own ecommerce dashboard.
- Magento Inventory from Magestore https://www.magestore.com/features/magento-inventory
- Amasty’s Multi Warehouse Inventory https://amasty.com/multi-warehouse-inventory-for-magento-2.html
- MageMob Inventory by AppJetty https://marketplace.magento.com/biztech-inventorysystementerprise.html
- Scanventory – Mobile inventory management https://woocommerce.com/products/scanventory/
- Bulk stock management - https://woocommerce.com/products/bulk-stock-management/
- Connected Inventory - https://apps.shopify.com/connected-inventory
- Syncio - https://apps.shopify.com/syncio
- ShipHero - https://apps.shopify.com/shiphero
- SKULabs - https://apps.shopify.com/skulabs
- EZ Inventory - https://apps.shopify.com/ez-inventory
Here are a few top-rated standalone IMS that you could consider:
- Brightpearl https://www.brightpearl.com/inventory-management-software/
- Tradegecko https://www.tradegecko.com/
- Oracle Netsuite Inventory https://www.netsuite.com/portal/products/erp/warehouse-fulfillment/inventory-management.shtml
- Zoho Inventory - https://www.zoho.com/inventory/
- Sortly Pro - https://www.sortly.com/business-inventory-app/
- Dear Inventory - https://dearsystems.com/
Integrating IMS with other company systems
Seamless flow of information between your IMS and other systems is a must for a well-structured workflow.
Point-to-point vs Multi-channel integration
You can connect your IMS individually with each system that it needs to be integrated to, or you can integrate it with one central connector that enables all your systems to be inter-connected with each other at once.
Point-to-point integration may work with only a few systems, but this setup can get complicated quickly once you have many different systems that you need to connect with one another.
An alternative solution is a multi-channel connector that acts as a central hub where all your systems can connect to—it then takes care of the synchronization of data between these different systems without the need of multiple connectors coming from and going to each system.
At 1902 Software, we have built our own integration component that acts as a multi-channel connector that we use for projects where point-to-point integration is more bound to complicate the integration setup than help the workflow.
Product Information Management (PIM) system
A PIM system is used to manage product information and distribute it to different platforms—typically suited for businesses with an omnichannel setup. PIM, ERP, and IMS all work together to deliver a seamless shopping experience for your customers, and at the same time an organized workflow for your operation.
Read our guides on these systems:
How can we help?
Our in-house team of developers is experienced in building custom integrations between webshops (Magento, WordPress, and Umbraco) and other company systems, such as ERP, PIM, and IMS. We also develop custom plugins if you could not find a suitable one in the market with your specific requirements.
Get in touch with us today, and our project managers will be happy to help with any questions you have about implementing an inventory management system.